Market mornings are a treasured weekly ritual. I enjoy the excitement of finding not only the freshest ingredients, but some truly beautiful food on my Sunday morning stroll through the farm stands. For me, it is where I find inspiration.
Sometimes though, things don’t go as planned & I can’t find the time to pop by the market. That’s where Kiki’s Delivery Service saves the day. They are a Vancouver – based company that brings fresh, affordable groceries right to your doorstep. Visit them here and say goodbye to grocery shopping stress. Enjoy a little extra sweetness and get 15% off your order when you enter the promo code “forestandfig”.
- 4 cups spring mix (or any organic greens you have on hand)
- 4 thick slices of bread, cut into cubes
- 4-6 heirloom tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 3 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 of one red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss bread chunks in olive oil and lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 8-12 minutes until crisp.
- Once croutons are done baking, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients & set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, gently toss the greens, croutons, peaches, tomatoes & basil
- Transfer to individual bowls, drizzle salad dressing and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.