Go sweet, simple & tasty with this roasted squash & whipped ricotta crostini. This appy is based on ease as well as flavor. Luckily for you, you can go from zero to mouthwatering by visiting https://www.kikis.ca/. Everything featured in this recipe is available on their site with the click of a button. Merry Merry Y’all.
Makes 8 crostinis
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 baguette
- 1 cup ricotta cheese + 3 tablespoons soy milk
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablepsoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary sprigs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Cut squash in half and with a spoon, remove the seeds.
- Place flesh side up on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Transfer to oven to bake for 40 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, use an electric mixer to whip the ricotta. Add a tablespoon of soy milk at a time until smooth and creamy.
- Once squash is cooked, allow to cool for 10 minutes before handling.
- Cut baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices and brush with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 1-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Once squash has cooled, remove the peel and discard. Puree the roasted squash in a food processor or using an immersion blender.
- To assemble the crostini top each toast with a scoop of squash puree, whipped ricotta, roasted hazelnuts, lemon zest, a few rosemary leaves, a drizzle of maple syrup and salt and pepper. Serve immediately or cover and transfer to fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy! xx