Fries are everybody’s best friend. And if you love them as much as I do, you probably need an alternative to the deep fried, oil ladden salty bites that are served up in restaurants. I bake these yams to get them perfectly crispy and paired with a quick spicy cashew aioli, this makes a deliciously crispy, savory snack.
I’ve also had great success with this recipe making beet and carrot fries as well. They don’t quite need to bake as long as the yam, so keep a close eye to avoid burning.
And just when you think it couldn’t possibly get any easier, you can order the ingredients to this recipe from Kiki’s, stay warm and dry and put your feet up while your groceries come to you. Use the promo code ‘forestandfig’ to get 15% off your first basket.
- 1 large yam, cut into matchstick size pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into matchstick size pieces
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Cashew Aioli Ingredients
- 3/4 cup cashews, soaked
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons water to thin
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss fry chunks in avocado oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper until well coated.
- Spread out evenly on a baking sheet. In order to make the fries nice and crispy, avoid stacking or laying them too close together.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping once to allow for even baking.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor combine cashews, lemon juice and spices and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and a sprinkle of cilantro & enjoy!!